Morrisania Diagnostic and Treatment Center
You can find quality, affordable and personalized care right in your own South Bronx neighborhood. The Morrisania Diagnostic and Treatment Center provides the full spectrum of care for children and adults. Our dedicated staff emphasizes primary and preventive care, working with you to help you achieve your health goals.
Patient-centered healthcare in the South Bronx
We deliver patient-centered, effective and cost-efficient health services. As part of our patient care, we appoint a personal healthcare provider for each patient. The healthcare provider serves as a care coordinator, working with the primary care physicians, nursing staff, social workers and nutritionists to ensure that we meet your medical, psychological and emotional needs. Your healthcare team is always available for you, and you can reach us at any time of day or night.
Our healthcare services include:
- Child health services
- Adolescent health services
- Mental health services
- Diabetes care
- HIV/AIDS testing and treatment
- Women's health services
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal care
- Well-child care
- Cancer screening
- Dental services
- Prevention and treatment for chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes and hypertension
- Referrals to inpatient hospital care and dozens of specialty services provided by the NYC Health + Hospitals.
Special healthcare programs at Morrisania
Our experienced staff has developed special programs to address the needs of our community:
- Child healthcare services in the Bronx. Morrisania runs one of the oldest school health programs in New York City and serves four schools through five school-based clinics. These clinics ensure that we meet the healthcare needs of every child, providing access to:
We have a holistic approach to children's health, caring for their physical, mental and emotional health. For example, our Child Developmental Clinic is certified by the New York State Office of Mental Retardation and provides diagnostic evaluation and treatment for children from birth to 18 years of age.
- Primary medical care
- Dental care
- Mental health services
- New York City Summer Youth Program at Morrisania. We believe that healthcare extends beyond the four walls of our hospital. We are committed to the health, well-being and future of New York's residents. Each summer, through the New York City Summer Youth Program, we give approximately 30 teens the opportunity to perform office tasks at the Center. This is a great way for young people to learn about a career in the healthcare profession.