East New York
Diagnostic and Treatment Center
You can find quality, affordable and personalized care right here in East New York and the surrounding communities in Brooklyn. The East New York Diagnostic & Treatment Center provides the full spectrum of care for children and adults. Our dedicated staff emphasizes primary and preventive care, working with you to help you achieve your health goals.
Patient-centered healthcare in Brooklyn
We deliver patient-centered, effective and cost-efficient health services. As part of our patient care, we appoint a personal healthcare provider for each patient. The healthcare provider serves as a care coordinator, working with the primary care physicians, nursing staff, social workers and nutritionists to ensure that we meet your medical, psychological and emotional needs. Your healthcare team is always available for you, and you can reach us at any time of day or night.
Our healthcare services include:
- Child health services
- Adolescent health services
- Mental health services
- Diabetes care
- HIV/AIDS testing and treatment
- Women's health services
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal care
- Well-child care
- Cancer screening
- Dental services
- Prevention and treatment for chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes and hypertension
- Referrals to inpatient hospital care and dozens of specialty services provided by the NYC Health + Hospitals.
Special healthcare programs at East New York Diagnostic & Treatment Center
Our experienced staff has developed special programs to address the needs of our community. We believe that healthcare extends beyond the four walls of our hospital. We respond to local health concerns through many forms of community involvement:
- Women’s Breast Health Services. As part of the Brooklyn Breast Health partnership, we offer an extensive outreach program to women 35 years of age and older. This includes:
- Biweekly education classes taught by registered nurses
- On-site mammography
- Medical care for the homeless. We operate medical units at local homeless shelters.
- Primary care for school children. We provide primary care services to students in public schools during school hours and to community members after school hours.
- Mental health. Our highly regarded Child and Adolescent Mental Health Clinic provides psychiatric assessment and treatment for children from newborns to 18 years of age.
- Family therapy. We offer general family therapy and therapy for families affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Learning disabilities testing. We provide psychological testing and screening for learning disabilities.
- Help after severe trauma. For patients who experienced severe trauma, we offer assessment and treatment of the psychological effects of the trauma.
- HIV/AIDS Treatment Services. Our HIV/AIDS Treatment Services (HATS) Clinic concentrates on providing the full spectrum of services for HIV/AIDS patients. The HATS mobile van team also goes into the community to provide HIV education outreach and home visits. Our services include:
- Substance abuse prevention
- Confidential HIV counseling
- Primary care
- Assistance with obtaining social services
Health Career and Work Study Programs at East New York
The Health Career and Work Study Programs for Youth gives local high school students the opportunity to experience working in healthcare. They receive hands-on training and mentoring from experienced professionals as they rotate through clinical and support service areas. In addition, the students attend monthly seminar workshops and career discussions.