Cumberland Diagnostic and Treatment Center
You can find quality, affordable and personalized care right in Fort Green and the surrounding communities in Brooklyn neighborhood. The Cumberland Diagnostic & Treatment Center provides the full spectrum of care for children and adults. Our dedicated staff emphasizes primary and preventive care, working with you to help you achieve your health goals.
Patient-centered healthcare in Brooklyn
We deliver patient-centered, effective and cost-efficient health services. As part of our patient care, we appoint a personal healthcare provider for each patient. The healthcare provider serves as a care coordinator, working with the primary care physicians, nursing staff, social workers and nutritionists to ensure that we meet your medical, psychological and emotional needs. Your healthcare team is always available for you, and you can reach us at any time of day or night.
Our healthcare services include:
- Child Health Services
- Adolescent Health Services
- Mental Health Services
- Diabetes Care
- HIV/AIDS Testing and Treatment
- Women's Health Services
- Pregnancy testing
- Prenatal care
- Well-child care
- Cancer screening
- Dental services
- Prevention and treatment for chronic illnesses such as asthma, diabetes and hypertension
- Referrals to inpatient hospital care and dozens of specialty services provided by the NYC Health + Hospitals.
Special healthcare programs at Cumberland
Our experienced staff has developed special programs to address the needs of our community. We believe that healthcare extends beyond the four walls of our hospital. We respond to local health concerns through many forms of community involvement:
- Services for students. For school-age children, we provide:
- Annual back-to-school immunization campaigns
- Two school-based health programs
- Reach Out and Read, a reading program
- Senior citizen services. Our Geriatric Expo serves the needs of our older members.
- Services for women. Women can benefit from our:
- Advanced mammography unit
- Breastfeeding Peer Counseling Program
- Family services. We care for the entire family, providing:
- Parenting education classes
- Playroom for children whose parents are receiving care
Drug dependency program at Cumberland
Cumberland's Chemical Dependency Program receives approximately 10,000 visits every month. Visitors to our program include chemically dependent adolescents, mentally-ill drug abusers and veterans and women. Our program is one of the best and largest drug-free outpatient programs in New York State. We use a variety of treatment techniques to help our patients return to society as productive citizens. Approaches to treatment include:
- Vocational education
- Instruction in parenting skills
We create a personalized treatment plan for our patients, to ensure each patient's best outcome.
Family health and support program
Cumberland also is home to the Family Health and Support Program, a program that improves access and treatment for families and children affected by drug dependency. The goals of this program include sobriety, self-sufficiency and keeping families together.
This program is a partnership of:
- NYC Health + Hospitals
- Administration for Children's Services
- NYC Department of Health and Mental Health Hygiene